Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mouths and Words

I love this picture because a dear friend in England when we were stationed there gave it to me. She was like a Mom to me and encouraged me so much. Especially in the days of infertility and thinking we would never have a baby. She gave this to me right after I found out I was pregnant with Ella Grace. It's from Wales. ( or favorite place we have ever been) It's hanging in Ella Grace's room now. To me, it's such a picture of grace. Every time I read it I think of my mouth and what words I chose to speak. I do pray that my mouth will always sing the story of God's wonders as I journey through life. So, speaking of mouths and what comes out of them.. here are some recent words from my little darlings.



Ella Grace likes to say almost every night as she gets in bed, " I wonder what tomorrow will be like. I like to look forward to another new day." 

"Sometimes I just don't want to show mercy to my sister, but I know it's right."
(After showing mercy: " Mom, you were right. I do feel happy and even have a tickle feeling "

As the other sisters were not wanting to help unload the dishwasher.. "Come on. Many hands makes light work!"





Little Susanna said tonight, "Guess who is my boyfriend?" "Jesus is. Then God. Well, then Dad."

"I did not want to forgive but I had to do what God said, NOT SATAN."( in a very dramatic voice.)

"Mom, even when you are in your tomb, I will still hold your hand."



Miriam said, "Mom, I want to go back and be a baby again and start all over."

I mentioned Gabe being my best friend to which she replied, "Nu-uhhh! Remember? Jesus is."

"Lots of times I ask Jesus to help me and He never does. But last night, He did." ( she was able to go back to sleep after having bad dreams) 


Lord, touch these mouths so they will sing the story of YOUR WONDERS!






No comments: