Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pray First, Then Do The Planning

Wisdom Wednesday Header

Today is Wisdom Wednesday. Hosted by my freind Michelle-
(as4me.net) Let us know how God's Word is changing you! Post a Scripture ( or Scriptures)and how you are applying them to your life. We know that it's in the applying of the Word to our lives that we are transformed!

Psalm 5:1-3 says:

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my groaning. Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray. In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

We are all planners by nature. We like to have our lives in order and even look a certain way. I find myself planning all kinds of things: my day, my children's days, their lives, our vacations, our future moves, etc. I am quick to make a plan with out praying. The Lord must be first in the process of planning. At times I plan and then "invite Him along." This Scripture is a huge reminder for me to pray FIRST, then do the planning. In this Psalm, David FIRST prays, THEN He watched the Lord's plan unfold.

The Lord's plans are always the best. Lord, thank You for wanting the very best for Your children. Thank You for Jesus Who came to give Himself completely for us so we would walk in Your most perfect ways. May my plans be Yours.

No comments: