Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Lord's Help

57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:57-58)

Gabe has been away for awhile. It's been a challenge, especially in the evenings around dinner time. He is such a help and we can feel the void tremendously. Even Ella Grace ( 2 and a half) said how she misses her daddy. Miriam has been sick since Wednesday night and I am just worn out. Early this morning, I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up at 4 and read the Word. What I read was so comforting and I have my Bible open on the counter so I can keep coming back to these words that I believe will sustain me. I went back to sleep around 5 and then heard Miriam at 530 with a diaper needing changed and then heard Ella Grace at 6:15 needing to go potty, so I got up.. and the first thoughts on my heart were God's words. I'm aiming to keep these words in my heart all day. It's the only thing that will sustain me. If you read this, I would love for you to please pray for me.

I plan to read through Psalm 119 the next week or so. I can't help but tie these two scriptures togehter in my mind. Theses verses in Psalm 119 talk so much about obedience and when I obey and walk rightly before God, then I can be victorious, learn to stand firm on Truth, and fulfill God's purpose for me in all that He has for me. God's been gracious to me. More than anything, I can see that He is changing my heart and giving me a passion to seek Him more and more, especially when days like this come my way. :) Thank You, Lord. More of You and less of me!

Psalm 119

1 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.
3 They do nothing wrong;
they walk in his ways.
4 You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.
5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!
6 Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
8 I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.
9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands. draft 7:40:00 AM by Kelly Delete

1 – 1 of 1

No comments: