Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Running

I had been running for what seemed like forever. I swung my jacket over the top of the treadmill so I couldn't watch the time tick. I listened to the heavy pounding of my legs and the monotony of each step. All I could think of were my steps and when I would be done. There was no joy in this. I almost quit about five times. I had a window of opportunity to get a quick run in so I was trying to just get it done fast, but it did not seem to be fast enough.

I picked the jacket up and peeked, just KNOWING I was almost done with my 3 miles.

1.1 miles.

No way. That's it?? The steps seemed harder and I started to get mad that I was not done and still had more than I thought.

All I could do was focus on the steps and the end.. never mind the process and the steps in the middle.

No i-pod, no radio, no nothing to keep my mind focused.

So I just prayed. For everything and everyone I could think of. All of my cares were given to the Lord. And guess what?

I was done.


Moral: When life is filled with heavy steps and I'm in the middle.. pray and leave the ending to Jesus. He will get me there.