Thursday, January 31, 2013

Take it in

It's good to be productive, getting things checked off the list, feeling a sense of accomplishment.

It's good to have goals and plans and stick to them.

I feel busy.

However---

It's bad when I am missing the world around me that is more important, more eternal, more significant because of being busy, task oriented.

"Mama, can we read a book?"

"Mom, can we go to the park today?"

"Can I help you cook?"

"Can I help you clean?"

"Will you tell me a story?"

 "I want to go to the store with you."

It seems that lately tasks and goals and busy-ness has replaced just BEING. Just enjoying.

I am slowing down and putting my list away for awhile and remembering what it is like to just TAKE IT ALL IN.

Just to breathe.. inhale the lovely and exhale the beautiful life all around me I can quickly miss.

"Mama, will you take a walk with me?"

Yes. Let's go. 

No comments: