Sunday, January 6, 2013

Good night

The night time ritual shouts have been going on for about a year now.

Tonight Ella Grace started it.

"I love you Miriam."
Miriam shouts back, " I love you too!"
"I love you Susanna."
Susanna shouts back, "I love you too!"

Then Miriam continues, a little quieter.

"I love you Ella Grace."
Ella Grace shouts back, " I love you too."
"I love you Susanna."
Susanna shouts back, " I love you too."

Susanna, usually the last because she is almost asleep keeps it going.

"I love you Miriam."
Miriam quietly says, "I love you too."
"I love you Ella Grace."
Ella Grace sleepily says, " I love you too."

All is still. That's the end of the day.

But tonight, things shifted a bit.

Goodnight Kirsten.
Goodnight Blueberry.
Goodnight Abby.
Goodnight Meatloaf.
Goodnight Praline.
Goodnight Ginger.
Goodnight Sarah.
Goodnight Susie.
Goodnight Beatrice.
Goodnight Lizzie.
Goodnight Jingle.

All the "kids" and animals said goodnight to their parents.

Thinking the "goodnights" were done, Susanna pipes up:

"Goodnight Jesus. Goodnight God. Goodnight Holy Spirit."

It was a good night.






2 comments:

thetysonfamily said...

Oh my goodness...this is so sweet, but at the end I was laughing so hard Tracy wondered what was going on... ;) What I want to know is, who is "Meatloaf" and who is "Praline"? ;) Love you and your precious ones!!!

Kelly said...

Meatloaf is Susanna's bull dog stuffed animal and Praline is Ella Grace's stuffed cat. Girl, it's a circus! :)