Thursday, August 21, 2008

Improvements

I actually sat to write about how I handled a dilemma and what I should have done differently, but God changed my thought process to write about the things I have seen improve in our family. They are HUGE to me and can only be attributed to God's grace. I have been seeking Him about all of these and realized today that He is answering them. Once I started with the first one, the rest came so quickly. Thank You, Lord for helping me to keep my eyes fixed on You. PLEASE keep creating in me the miracle of self- forgetfulness!

Ella Grace:
*"Miriam, I want you to be the leader this time since I always am."
*"Miriam, you go first." ( getting in the car)
*"Mom, I left part of this orange for Miriam."
*Not getting angry when Miriam doesn't want to do waht she is doing.
*Patiently showing Miriam how to do something and recognizing that she was serving her sister.
*"Miriam, what do YOU want to play today?"
*Leaving Bible study willingly without a fit.
Taking "no" for an answer peacefully.
"Mom, my countenance is happy because my heart is happy." ( when sharing)
Ella Grace praying outloud at lunch.
"Miriam, I love you."
"Miriam, you be the cat first, then I will."
"Miriam, do you need help? Are you ok?"

Miriam:
"Mom, I obey now." ( obeying right away)
"Mom, I happy." ( becuase she obeyed)
"My turn, you turn." ( taking turns with puzzle with Ella Grace)
"Self do it." ( walk to her bed rather than being carried.)
"Pray knees" ( praying before bed)
*Singing songs on her own that we have been practicing (Of course, only I can understand it! What a friend we have in Jesus, Redeemed, Stand up For Jesus)
"Kiss, Hug Grace" (willingly giving hugs and kisses to Ella Grace rather than turning away from her)
"I wuv ou." (to me and her sisters)
"Mom, poop! Huwwy!" ( diaper is off, I run to the bathroom and sure enough, it's in the potty. I am not even potty training!!!!!!)


Susanna is so happy. She smiles all the time. She belly laughs all day long. She sucks her thumb and I can hardly get it out of her mouth to feed her! But this is good because the second she cries, the thumb goes straight to her mouth and she is soothed. She LOVES her daddy and sisters. She sees them from down the street and moves her arms and legs like crazy while she squeals. She is a good sleeper! She melts my heart.

Gabe and I have had some really good conversation about our marriage and how we want to improve it. This is enough to keep a smile on my face for days. :)

1 comment:

Aprill M. Brunson said...

Kel, you don't know how much joy fills my heart just by reading about these precious moments! Wow! God is so amazing!