Monday, March 18, 2013

40

Today was my 40th birthday.

Everyone talks about it being so dark and gloomy, such a mile-stone ( which I suppose it is) but I have been so excited and happy to enter this new place in life. I think our world tends to fight it because we don't want to "grow old." That means aging and wrinkles and gray hair and flab and all that stuff the world says is not beautiful. But I truly think it is beautiful to grow old.

I had a life changing moment recently when I was beyond words praising God for allowing me to live to see 40 and that He would bless me in ways I never could imagine.  It was so clear to me that growing old means  "LIVING" and aging means being more seasoned in life lessons and living out what truly matters.

I used to fight the thought of aging and would feel sad about the outward effects growing old had on my body and soul. But now I know that all of that are signs of living and walking in the beauty that comes from JESUS.

As I look at these 40 years that the Lord has given, I am amazed. I see my heritage and the heritage that I am making with my little family. To have the gift of my sweet husband and darling children.. my family-- two families brought together and all the souls knitted through these lineages..I stand in awe and am rejoicing in this most wonderful day.

My 40th birthday.

Thanks be to God for the gift of life.

I feel very much ALIVE.





1 comment:

thetysonfamily said...

Happy Birthday, sweet sister!!!!!! I didn't realize it was today!!! :)

I think growing older should be a glorious wonder when we know Christ...we have been with Him longer, are more sure of His ways, and we are getting closer to our heavenly home with Him!! Such a reason to celebrate!!!!! :) :)

I love you, Kelly!!!

Love, Lindsay

P.S. You look so gorgeous in these photos! And your girls are growing so lovely just like their mama!! I miss your beautiful smile!!!