Monday, February 25, 2013

Repetition

"Repetition should not be discouraging to us, it should be challenging. ... practice drills are not a waste of time. Having another chance to work on things is not a sign of failure. Having room to improve is not something to be sad about, it is something that should encourage and inspire us. God keeps giving me this to do, because this is what He wants me doing. If this is what He wants me doing, then I will do it with my whole being. He gave me the work; I will not back away from it and say it isn't important. I will not sit on the sidelines of this drill and fuss about it.
The funny thing is that we know well that we learn through repetition. We need to practice songs before we can sing them. We need to try someting over and over before we have mastered it. We have accepted that part of being human. What we appear not to have accepted is the subject matter."

Fit to Burst ( Abundance, Mayhem, and the Joys of Motherhood) by Rachel Jankovic

I love this quote so much.

Here is an example of why I like it and why it hits home to me. After saying 100 times in a day' "Before you speak.. Think!" and it doesn't stick :( and I am saying it again 100 more times tomorrow)--- I can learn to rejoice in the repetition. I can even be inspired by it!

Thank You, Lord for Your refining touches in my life through the stretching of mothering.