Friday, December 21, 2012

referree

It seems that I am a referee so often for my kids. Today at Lowe's I was trying to buy a present for my hubby and I was trying to read the box with info about tools and do some figuring on which thing to get. I was trying to referee an argument that broke out about gum on the floor ( Susanna ate a piece of the ground. Ella Grace was trying to tell me that it was not from the ground, it was from the car.. that Susanna took it    
( which was the truth. Susanna popped up to ask me if I wanted to hear the "TRUFTH" and the "TRUFTH" was she did take it from the car. :)) I was relieved to know that is was not some strangers gum.. although it had been all over the ground. Sigh. Meanwhile, Miriam is sliding on the floor and falling and getting stepped on by her sisters.

All  I wanted to do was get in, get the gift, and walk out.

I ought to know better.

Praise God a nice old man helped me figure out which set to get and made the process so much quicker.

As soon as we got home, my refereeing started again. Another argument over the doll house. Everyone was sent to their rooms until further notice and until I could pray and ask God to help me in my refereeing skills.

It seems like it was His provision to encourage me with a prayer that I have stuck in a book on the shelf. Its on sibling conflict. ( the book is by Lisa Whelchel called Creative Correction)

Dear God,
I want to get along with ( my sisters) but I just can't seem to keep it up for very long. It's really hard sometimes and I need Your help. The next time I am in the middle of a big argument, remind me that I can be a peacemaker. I may lose the battle, but I will win Your smile, and that is more important to me than anything else I'm fighting for. Amen. PS. Between You and me, I really do love my sister. Thank You for letting me grow up and love with my best friends.

I'm off to resolve this issue.

I know You are MY Helper as well.

*** Update: When I went up to help them, they had already made peace and were happy.. We still prayed, hugged it out, and went on with our day
I am learning to step out of the way. :)and let them help one another.

1 comment:

thetysonfamily said...

I laughed so hard...we've had almost an identical incident at the store (with Timothy, also number three, being the primary character! ;)). Love you and your sweet family so much, Kelly...you're in my prayers <3